Wit & Wise Words

Saturday 27 November 2010

Saturday Night Fever

No, not talking about the cult movie with John Travolta. Not talking about a wild craze to go out either. (But if anybody's in for a trip to the movies, give a shout, and pick the film...)

Talking about a relapse into the detestable flu that kept me from school last week. Not that I resent not going to school, of course. School's a hateful business. I'm still juggling the idea of creating a runaway club in the woods behind ours. 'Just Too Cool For School', with really cool and crazy members. There won't be many, but hey, better than nothing, innit?

Still, stayin' away from school means catching up, which is an even bigger bitch than school itself.

Which I still have to start on. Yep, heard that right.

Other Potentially Cataclysmic Idea: going to Study Help at school. Because I'm in a deep, deep dip in my results. Thanks to MT, but that's only part of the story. Truth is that I can count the tests for which I studied in the good way on one hand this trimester. The ones for which I studies half-assed-ly, on the other. The ones for which I didn't study at all: they're all the rest. Quite the list, innit?

But don't want to completely mess up the whole thing; that would be a Big Bad Idea.

On Other Things: I realised I'm the Latin teacher's pet. Even though I have execrable results. I was supposed to get punished for not having made my homework three times (actually much more, but I hid it every time, and I think she deliberately looked over it). I admitted I had yet again not translated the extract, and awaited to get my extra assignment. And I didn't get it. Instead, she asked me to study better for Latin (we had just received the grades of our latest test, mine was 19/40). I mean, in what position does this put me in front of those who already got punished? Not that I give a fuck about most of these guys, there's even one I absolutely loathe, but damn, where's the honesty in that? Where's the equality? Why do I get privileged? Not that I'd want to make that extra assignment, I loathe Latin. Not as much as I loathe Bas, but I loathe it.

Damn, life is complicated. Actually, life hates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say!