Wit & Wise Words

Wednesday 17 November 2010

I never wanna go back to school.

I'm on end-of-sick-leave. It basically means that I have the voice of an old frog, that my throat is killing me and that someone's finding it funny to play djembe in my head, but at least the world doesn't turn around when I stand up any more, and I don't have the urge to sleep all day until two in the morning any more...

It also means I've missed a day and a half of school, which I'm going to need to make up for, but at least I didn't miss any tests, cause that really is a pest to catch up.

It also means I'm missing the MT editing afternoon, which is really not nice of me, but I doubt the djembe playing person would have let me do any good work.

But it also means that for the first time in many, many, (too) many days, I spent an entire day doing nothing productive. Not nothing at all, cause it's impossible to do nothing at all, but nothing worth anything. All I did was sleep till 7 PM, listen to the radio for two hours while doping myself on aspirin and lemony throat pills + syrup and then sleep till two AM, toss 'n turn for another hour, then fall asleep again until my alarm went off. It was fucking bliss, aside of the 'feeling like shit' part. I don't know if you've ever seen the film 'Alexandre le Bienheureux', which is about a guy who decides to spend the rest of his life in bed after he is freed from his wife, who bossed him around for decades. God damn, that man is a genius. I never saw the film completely, but how I like the general idea!

And why would I need to go to school? I've spent enough years there by now to know how to read and write, and what would I need more if my dream profession is, indeed, author?

Okay, I admit that being a writer is a plan A that will have to be pushed back as a plan B, because success doesn't come when called. But I really don't know what I want to do yet. I got myself a delay of year by signing up for the AFS School Program, but it's not like I'm going to be illuminated over there. (Gosh, now I re-read this I've suddenly got this image in my head of me dressed up as a Christmas tree)

I feel another wave of wobbly non-nausea coming up, so I'll leave this be and will go back drinking Coke, cause mom and dad say it helps against nausea. And if they say so, it is that way. Amen to the God of Sarcasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say!