Wit & Wise Words

Thursday 11 November 2010

Flotsam, Jetsam, nothing about Wham!

I've been told I'm in the perfect mood to write. Well, thank you, Great Red Haired Insomniac, but mood is not inspiration. I could write about your coppery hair, but I doubt that subject would bring any benefit to the community. Not that the rest of this blog does, anyway.

Since I've started a paragraph, I better get on. Leaving things unfinished is both terribly frustrating and an almost guarantee they'll never be finished. For me at least. Those characteristics are actually a good thing, because they'll prevent me from ever committing suicide (having not finished life, I'll be unwilling to quit it), something Copperhead & China Girl were slightly worried about after reading my last post.

Broken English Geek hasn't reacted yet, so there's no news on that side.

Not that I'll ever really do it. I'm too much of a coward. If I ever want to 'jump into the unknown' it'd have to be really quick and painless. Painless because otherwise I'd never dare to do it and quick 'cause otherwise I'll chicken out.

And where the fuck I'm I supposed to get 'quick & painless self-killing material'? Not at the local drug- or hardware store. So my life is pretty safe, aside from the fact that I absolutely don't have the urge to kill myself. At the moment.

Enough about suicide. If you're thinking about it, call the suicide hotline or the Samaritans.

On better things: I'm finally gonna perform as an Elvis lookalike before Flemish people. I'm getting a tad worried about their reactions, as I'm used to a familiar and very tolerant public: the scouts. Nobody cares if you're out of tune or haven't got the costumes: if you've got the moves, you're in the groove and they'll like pretty much everything. Bah, we'll see this weekend. Worst that can happen is total humiliation in front of strangers that I will have to meet again. Lovely.

I need a bit of official training anyway. If the 'Meldert Talent Show' ever runs, it'll be the whole school watching. Bah, if I humiliate myself there, I only have to get through the rest of he year (and since my reputation will be ruined by then, I'll be able to do pretty much everything that disgraces your image to school pupils. Freedom.) and then I'm off, so again nothing to worry about.

That's about it from Me-land. I only did this because Copperhead heavily suggested, so if I bored him or you (or both if you happen to be him) it's his own damn fault. Night-night. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. You've forgotten to insert a title though. :) And there are two letters missing in the whole post too.
    And actually "heavily suggested" is not really true. I'd just noticed you were a little nervous or something, like if you were angry with life, and that's when you usually post something, I believe.
    After all it's a quite nice post. It didn't bore me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for feedback, it's done. And I'm pretty much angry at life all the time. Writing is for when I can put into words.

    ReplyDelete

Have your say!